Dalby, Wendland & Co., P.C., is well respected locally and nationally for providing the highest caliber of accounting and business consulting services to a wide range of clients. Our strong team culture and quality-focused work environment provides challenging opportunities and growth throughout your career. We believe in trust, respect, and responsibility to foster collaboration and excellence.
Our firm provides good work/life balance, competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k) plan, opportunities for advancement, and much more! Accounting Today consistently ranks Dalby Wendland as one of the Top Regional Firms, Inside Public Accounting (IPA) as a Top 300 Firm, and we are honored by CoBiz Magazine as a Top 250 Private Colorado Company and Top Colorado Accounting Firm.
We will furnish you with the tools and training you need to succeed and advance within our firm. Our professionals receive formal continuing education centered on training courses sponsored by the AICPA, state CPA societies, and industry associations. Our certified staff members receive a minimum 40 hours of continuing professional education a year in addition to numerous in-house technical training sessions.
As you pursue your profession, you will enjoy a lifestyle that is exciting and rewarding.
Here are the current opportunities we have available:
Audit – Staff Auditor
DWC’s audit department is looking for a new member to join their team! Our audit department is located in Grand Junction, however we serve clients across Colorado and out-of-state. Travel is primarily within the state of CO – approximately 4-6 weeks per year. As a DWC auditor, you will have the opportunity to participate in financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations; internal control analysis; and learn specialized industry-specific work relating to regulatory oversight agencies. We pride promoting from within; well-structured advancement opportunities.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree; pass the CPA exam in the first few years of work
To apply, email resume, cover letter and transcripts (unofficial is ok) to HR@DalbyCPA.com with Audit Position in the subject line.
IT Support Technician
The IT Support Technician will assist the firm’s IT Manager in supporting the technology needs of the Company’s end users, which consists of up to 100 people across multiple offices in Western Colorado. This position will be primarily based from our Grand Junction office location, however travel to all of the firm’s locations will be a requirement (minimal to no overnight travel is expected for this position). The IT Support Technician is responsible for providing initial direct or remote resolution of end user issues on the firm’s cloud-hosted network, hardware and software installations, repair and replacements, coordinating issue resolutions for end users, working with the cloud network host to troubleshoot and resolve problems, assist the IT manager in lifecycle management of computers, imaging peripherals and mobile devices. The IT Support Technician will also be available to assist in new employee orientation and training on IT matters.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of computer systems administration and support tasks, including analyzing, constructing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting PC hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals and communication devices
- Responsible for user setup/termination, role privileges and security permissions
- Process local office support helpdesk tickets, including prioritize, tracking and closing issues on a timely basis
- Coordinate issue resolution for the firm’s end users with the firm’s cloud network host
- Work with the firm’s IT committee to plan future projects and priorities
- Prepare, troubleshoot, maintain and replace hardware and software
- Offer person to person and group training on IT matters to firm personnel
- Serve as a primary point of contact for third party helpdesk service providers
- Assist staff in the field
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, or similar work experience. At least two years of work experience is required. Education or experience in the accounting industry is preferred.
Other Job Requirements
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, customer service, communications, technical, research, analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Must be self-motivated, resourceful and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Lift/carry up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, fine motor dexterity, repetitive motion, climbing stairs, computer, desk work, normal hearing and visual acuity (with or without correction), ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid driver’s license required)
- Must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and diplomatically with clients, the public and co-workers. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a vital aspect of the position
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to HR@DalbyCPA.com with “IT Position” in the subject line. Include any comments or questions you may have and our Human Resources Department will contact you for follow up information.
Experienced CPAs – Glenwood Springs
Join our Rocky Mountain practice! We have Tax Manager and Tax Supervisor openings in our Glenwood Springs office. Candidates will be CPAs with 5 + years of public accounting experience, skills in income taxation, and a strong general accounting background. We provide competitive compensation, benefits, and ownership opportunities. If you like the idea of living in a mountain town atmosphere, you will like Glenwood Springs. We are ready to talk now, so don’t miss out on this opportunity!
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to HR@DalbyCPA.com with “Tax Manager” or “Tax Supervisor” in the subject line. Include any comments or questions you may have and our Human Resources Department will contact you for follow up information.
College Student Opportunities
We are looking for bright and energetic accountants to join our public accounting and audit teams.
We have job openings for December and May graduates for Staff Accountants. Position qualifications include a bachelor’s or master’s degree, excellent communication and listening skills, detail oriented, and be a qualified CPA candidate. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Analyze records of financial transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of entries
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, amortization and depreciation schedules, and other financial reports
- Compute taxes owed and ensure compliance with tax payments, reporting, and other tax requirements
- Prepare tax returns and/or financial statements
- Listen to and follow instructions
- Perform audit and/or review procedures as instructed
- Complete research projects as requested
- Tax is limited to local travel; audit is primarily travel within state of CO – approximately 4-6 weeks per year.
- Other duties as requested
- Intern opportunities may also be available before you graduate. Please email our HR department to inquire about internships.
If you would like to work for an award-winning regional firm, please email your resume and transcripts (unofficial is ok) to HR@DalbyCPA.com.